Welcome to eBay Advertising
With more than 112 million active customers transacting $70 billion of commerce a year globally, eBay enables commerce for millions of sellers and merchants around the world by connecting them to buyers, and the things that they need and love. More and more these connections are being enabled through highly relevant digital advertising.
eBay Advertising group strives to be the leading platform for demand generation with the capability to drive traffic to marketer’s sites through advertising that reaches consumers wherever they shop. We have incredibly powerful and unique assets – data, platform and technology – that together can produce better, more targeted solutions for our merchants, advertisers and partners. Consumers benefit too, through personalized ads that inspire action.
For technologists and business minds alike, eBay opens up opportunities to shape the future of commerce. Do you love working with incredibly rich data? Are you interested in creating an experience that both buyers and sellers love? Located in Brisbane and San Jose, we’re looking for great, independent thinkers who aren’t afraid to take a few risks, break a few boundaries and change the world in the process.Role Summary
In this lead role, you will shape the display ad product of eBay Advertising. Your primary responsibility will be to create the display ad product that enables marketers to reach millions of eBay users through display advertising. In this role you will work closely with business and technical teams to drive the product strategy. You will manage a team of product managers to execute and launch capabilities for various components of the display ad product that will help drive the business goals.
The director of product will report the Global Head of Product for eBay Advertising.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Manage and coach the display ad product management team
• Provide thought leadership and define a market-driven vision for display products
• Create the culture of building products that are driven by customer/market needs
• Partner with cross-functional teams in defining growth metric targets and project priorities to meet business goals through the roadmap planning and execution cycles
• Advocate for the product team viewpoint in cross-functional decision making, roadmap planning and executive meetings
• Analyze the competitive landscape
• Partner with internal and/or 3rd-party design teams to translate requirements into wireframes, design mockups and prototypes for front-end product Work closely with a team of product managers, designers, developers, QA and BI staff to bring features to market successfully
• Manage products through their life cycle, from product definition and feature enhancements, to post-deployment evaluations and bug management, prioritization and fixing. Job Requirements
• 8+ years of experience in product management
• 5+ world-class, people management experience – team builder and a strong coaching/mentoring skillset
• Deep knowledge of display advertising space – including knowledge of RTB, programmatic buying, DSPs and data management platforms (DMP) is needed
• Previous experience in building a demand side display product is a strong plus
• Previous experience working with agencies will be a strong plus
• Track record as thought leader and strategic thinker
• Technical background is a strong plus
• Strong analytical, data-driven decision making and problem solving skillsets
• A bias for action and ability to deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• Organized and attention to details
• Outstanding influencing, communication and presentation skills
• Fun, energetic and collaborative team player who also demands excellence and raises the bar for her/his teams Education
MBA or Equivalent Shift