We are stepping up to facilitate a more economical, trusting and fun selling and buying experience. Central to this plan and strategy is providing a risk free marketplace by offering buyer/seller protection, enforcing policies and developing products that elevate trust for selling and buying. To pull this off, the Marketplaces leadership has created a Global Managed Marketplace (GMMP) team which is dedicated to improve risk management & process streamlining for our sellers and our company in a business-enabling way.
The C2C Seller Policy & Use Management team is a vital part of the GMMP organization and is responsible for increasing customer loyalty by turning bad post-sale experiences into good ones. The team is measured on customer awareness and understanding of the eBay Buyer Protection (eBP) program, eBP program losses, customer Net Promoter Score (NPS), preventing bad buying experiences and operational efficiency.
As the Consumer Seller Verification lead you will be tasked with improving our risk management capabilities in order to drive down consumer loss rates and bad buying experiences while balancing the customer experience as we onboard and ramp new sellers.
The Senior. Manager, Consumer Seller Verification lead is responsible for:
- Strategy: Creating and executing strategies that integrate eBay’s industry-leading infrastructure for identity and verification, to create a streamline selling experience that reduces the occurrence of bad buying experiences while optimizing marketplace growth
- Strategic Decisioning: Analyzing and making business decisions weighing the overall end-to-end customer experience
- Operational Excellence: Optimizing an effective end-to-end process by identifying and problem solving points of failure
- Goal Setting and Measurement: Collaborating with Finance, setting program goals and measuring/reporting results and progress on a regular basis
- Risk and Issue Management: Driving contingency and risk planning, and managing program issues to closure
- Communications: proactively communicating with a wide range of internal audiences
The role requires an individual who has the ability to think strategically and creatively, to manage seller risk through policy and models, and to advance our ability to measure, predict and assess risk. Excellent teamwork and communication skills are a must, as is flexibility, innovation and quantitative excellence. Job Requirements
- Proven experience in fraud or risk management with a results driven approach
- Strong ability to source and analyze data to drive business strategies and decisions
- Ability to develop and deploy broad-based global program plans to deliver against key goals, with process transformation and continuous improvement.
- Analyzing a wide range of inputs, including quantitative data, use cases, market research, and personal experience to identify new opportunities to improve recovery.
- Verbal and written communication skills are particularly important given the complex nature of the domain and the many business and functional groups engaged in this area.
- Establishing milestones and managing progress against them.
Bachelors Degree Required Shift